Action, adventure, and adrenaline - pack these three in one frame and we get the epic Star Trek series. The new movie from this series - Star Trek Beyond is creating a buzz all around the globe. Rave reviews on IMDb, MetaCritic, and Rotten Tomatoes, and updates on my Facebook timeline encouraged me to book tickets for this weekend. As claimed by fans, this is the best movie in the Star Trek series. Before you head out to the theater, check these cool-and-fun facts about Star Trek Beyond -
The release date of Star Trek Beyond coincides with the 50th anniversary of the original Star Trek TV show’s debut in 1966. Yes, this Franchise is being loved by many-many generations. They have upgraded the format to suit the young crowd, year after year. Cool, isn’t it!
- Simon Pegg, who plays Scotty in Star Trek Beyond has also written the screenplay of the movie. As Simon is high on wit and humor, I am expecting crisp and entertaining dialogues in the movie. Simon revealed his involvement in the writing on ‘The Graham Norton Show’ in 2007, and also on his website on May 19, 2015. He even disclosed the title as ‘Star Trek Beyond.’ Star Trek fans, like me, were excited since he made those announcements.
- This movie focuses on the five-year mission, or as we Star Trek fans call - Intrepid Space Mission... Spock, Captain Kirk, and others venture out to explore the final frontier out in space. Much in line with what Captain Kirk described as the mission in the original series… Remember, his famous dialogue,
“...To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”
- Star Trek Beyond is the first film from the series to be completely digitally. Hence, better action, special effects, and backgrounds, making it a visual treat for Star Trek fans.
- Even before its release, Star Trek Beyond started creating a wave. It was nominated for ‘Best Teaser’ at the 17th Annual Golden Trailer Awards.
- This is the Justin Lin's first Sci-Fi directorial movie. Those who are not aware, he is well known for directing The Fast and the Furious - 3 to 6. His movies have grossed more than 2 billion worldwide!
- Actors returning to this movie are getting a bigger and fatter paycheck. Apparently, their contracts have been renegotiated. So, all your favorite characters are paid well to entertain you!
- This movie is not shot in Hollywood. It is shot in the picturesque locales of Canada - Vancouver, to be precise. Believe it or not, the entire set, even the USS Enterprise, is built from scratch in Vancouver.
- Sadly, this is Anton Yelchin’s final Star Trek film. He plays Pavel Chekov in the Star Trek Robot series. He died in June 2016. However, his fans can catch him in other films - We Don’t Belong Here (2016), Porto (2016), Thoroughbred (2017) and Rememory, which all will be released posthumously.
Interested? Watch #StarTrekInIndia… Don’t wait, book tickets and enjoy this movie with your family and friends. If you’ve watched it already, share your experiences in comments below.